Following is a summary of health and safety practices that are expected to be followed by all Vail resort locations for 22/23 season. Checklists are provided for each area with recommendations to help you navigate these requirements. Each of these areas will need to be complete by the first week on duty unless otherwise noted. TO DO links are numbered and highlighted in Blue
Blood Borne Pathogens: All are required to completed the linked quiz to confirm understanding after review of the Vail training policy documents. This is an annual requirement for all patrollers:
- BBP Step 1. Vail Volunteer Bloodborne Pathogens Program Training
- BBP Step 2. Bloodborne Pathogens Program for Volunteers – Policies & Practices
- BBP Step 3. Volunteers Bloodborne Pathogen Quiz
Respiratory Protection Program:
- RPP Step 1. Review the document on masks in this link RPP Training
- RPP Step 2. take the quiz: RPP Training Quiz, then
- RPP Step 3. provide your electronic signature below to acknowledge: Vail Respiratory Policy Acceptance
- Also, we will be doing the N95 fit screening process again this year. Expect to be processed through the quick fitting for N95s in your first week on shift.
Mule Drivers – Applicable to Hill Leaders and Assistant Hill Leaders only (or as assigned by PD)
- MD Step 1 – go through the slide show with key points that are essential to completing the tests. This will provide you a quick reference to the answers for the Driver’s Test quiz! Mule Driving Overview and Key Points
- MD Step 2 – Review the Volunteer ATV/UTV Program policy doc
- MD Step 3 – Complete the Motor Vehicle Records check – follow the link then click the GO button.
- MD Step 4 – Complete the Volunteer UTV-ATV Driver’s Test
Vaccinations: There is no longer a requirement for proof of vaccination for employees, volunteers, or guests. Please respect those that may still wear masks.
Additional References for Optional Review:
- Vail Resorts Public Website Guests Need to Know: Commitment to Safety
- Index of Vail Resorts Policy Documents for Volunteer NSP Patrollers