Sunday, August 19 @ 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Annual Refresher for Mad River Mountain OEC Instructors to complete their individual refresher requirements and prepare for the full patroller refresher to be held September 23rd.
7:30 Doors open. Coffee starts flowing.
8:00 Opening Presentation
8:30 Skill stations: setup and refresher.
10:00 Regroup to understand second set of skill stations
10:30 Skill stations: setup and refresher
What an instructor needs to do PRIOR to the 2018 OEC Cycle B Refresher:
1. Register at nsp.org using the course code C137180021.
Register as a student on nsp.org using the course code C137180021
To register, log onto nsp.org using your member number and password
Select member Resources> Course Schedule
Course Number Equals C137180021
Click REGISTER, PROCEED TO CHECKOUT then SUBMIT ORDER on next 3 screens
You are successful when the title says ORDER CONFIRMATION and you will receive a confirmation email at that point.
2. The online learning portion needs to be completed prior to the Refresher.
Yes, you are a student in this class, so the online work must be completed by Aug 19.
Login to nsp.org with your member id and password.
Select Member Resources>Online Learning and follow the instructions.
Snap an image of your certificate and email to Refresher@madriverskipatrol.org or
print it to present on the day of the refresher. Receipt and acceptance of your certificate as of the date at the top of the file is logged here.
3. The hardcopy workbook must be read and the verification of completion coupon located on the back cover signed.
Can’t find the printed workbook? It can be downloaded on nsp.org under Member Resources/Education Resources/OEC by selecting Refresher Workbook C. You will need to be logged in as a member to access.
Snap an image of the signed back cover and email to Refresher@madriverskipatrol.org or
present the workbook on the day of the refresher.
Receipt and acceptance of your signed workbook is logged here.
What an instructor needs to bring to this Instructor Refresher:
- Signed back cover of OEC Refresher Workbook 2018, if not marked as received here.
- Certificate of Completion from the online course, if not marked as received here.
- Helmet, Boots, and other objects to help us create good stations
- Patrol vest, jacket, or fanny pack – whatever you use to keep your personal supplies.
- Water to keep hydrated and any snacks or packed lunch you need to make it to 1pm.